I’m a Florida born US CPA available to handle the nuances of taxation and business issues which face many nonresident property and business owners. I am married to a UK citizen and lived in England for fourteen years. I have professional experience with both UK and US businesses particularly in international taxation. I received a B.A. in accounting from California State University in the US and a Master’s Degree in Information Technology from Southampton University in England. While in England, I had the pleasure of working for Sir Richard Branson’s lottery bid and developing business and financial plans for Virgin startup companies. In the US, I worked with a multi-family development company handling the financials for several partnerships and associated management companies. I also have merger and acquisition experience with a large US National company. My career began in Orlando with a CPA firm handling taxation, audit, write-up work and business valuation and plans. I grew up in Florida and consequently have local knowledge and networking in central Florida.
- Certificate of Public Accountant, State of Florida 1991.
- Masters Degree in Information Technology, University of Southampton, UK 2002.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, California State University-Fullerton, CA 1986.
Trevor Doughty, MBA
I’m the friendly ‘English’ voice most likely to answer your calls to the office. I was born, and lived most of my life in Chichester, England until retirement from British Airways as a 747 Captain, after flying for 30 years mostly between the UK and USA. We moved to Cocoa Beach, Florida in 2005.
Jan has grown to love the UK as much as I have come to enjoy Florida. After retirement from flying, I was able to fulfill an ambition to sail across the Atlantic; three weeks during November 2003 following the old sailing ship trade routes to the Caribbean. Salt seems to be in my blood having qualified as a Naval Architect and worked for Lloyds Register of Shipping before training with British Airways to ‘drive’ aeroplanes. I look forward to speaking with you.
- MBA – Masters of Business Administration, Surrey University, UK 1994
- Air Transport Pilot License, Hamble, UK 1975 and FAA ATP 2003
- Chartered Engineer, Naval Architecture, Southampton, UK 1971
Prior Professional Organizations
- MRAeS: Member Royal Aeronautical Society
- MRINA: Member Royal Institution of Naval Architects